TimelineJS makes it easy to create interactive timelines based on a Google spreadsheet.
Follow the instructions here (click on the big green MAKE A TIMELINE NOW button).
A few tips:
- Rename the Google spreadsheet template to something like “Everglades timeline” so you don’t end up with multiple spreadsheets named Copy of TimelineJS Template.
- Click on More Options in Step 3 so you can change the font and adjust the zoom level (if necessary). The Georgia and Helvetica Neue font looks best on mypalmbeachpost.com.
- You can embed links in the headline, text, media credit and caption columns using html like so:
- Charles R Noegel collection, State Archives of Florida, <a href=”http://floridamemory.com/items/show/14033″ target=”_blank”>Florida Memory</a>
- Which will show up like this:
- Charles R Noegel collection, State Archives of Florida,